Build Apps for Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services is the gold standard of cloud computing, and you need to know how to develop and deploy to AWS in order to make scalable, manageable web application services. This Learning Path shows you how.
This learning path contains self assessments – short, multiple-choice quizzes that you'll take as you work through a Learning Path. They give you quick insights into how you're doing and take the guesswork out of learning.
What you’ll learn—and how you can apply it
- How to set up your first AWS account and get an overview of the many services offered through AWS
- How to create and manage your own virtual private cloud (VPC)
- How to use the Simple Storage Service (S3) to store and retrieve files and other data
- How to create EC2 instances and deploy apps to these virtual machines
- How to architect your apps for the AWS ecosystem, adjusting your application design principles and patterns to be optimized in the cloud
This Learning Path is for you because…
- You're a developer who wants to build scalable, cloud-based apps
- You're a system administrator responsible for deploying and/or maintaining cloud-based apps and infrastructure
Prerequisites: Basic system administration and programming skills
Materials or downloads needed in advance: Supplemental Content