Developing Cloud Native Applications
Published byO'Reilly Media, Inc.
Although cloud computing is still somewhat mysterious to many people—even those who are not entirely sure exactly what it is—know that it is increasing in popularity and is the way that most enterprises and consumers will conduct business, purchase products and services, store files, and do just about everything we do today using applications on our local devices. Building apps that function smoothly and seamlessly on a cloud platform is becoming more and more important for any organization that is concerned about user experience.
If you’re an intermediate- to advanced-level software architect, developer, or designer working on medium-to-large scale enterprise systems, this learning path introduces you to cloud-native architecture and explains the differences between it and traditional application architecture, and the adjustments you’ll need to make to create applications for the cloud. You also explore building a working application, which sets the stage for designing infrastructure that sits on top of your applications. By the end of this learning path, you’ll have a firm understanding of how to design, build, and deploy Agile applications for the cloud, including how to create systems optimized for DevOps and Continuous Delivery practices.
What you’ll learn—and how you can apply it
- How to articulate the high-level narrative behind cloud-native architecture
- How to begin designing, building, and deploying Agile applications on the cloud
This learning path is for you because…
- You're an experienced application architect, lead engineer, or senior developer building medium-to-large scale enterprise applications, and you need to start leveraging cloud infrastructure for your solutions
- You're building medium-to-large scale enterprise applications, and you want to understand how to create systems optimized for DevOps and Continuous Delivery practices
- You're building medium-to-large scale enterprise applications, and you need to start migrating your existing applications to cloud-native architectures
Materials or downloads needed in advance: None