Enterprise Java Development
This Learning Path provides a hands-on introduction to Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) 7 and some of the most popular and useful APIs, tools, and services for building applications in Java EE.
Java EE is designed for large-scale, distributed, transactional, and highly available applications that support mission-critical business requirements. If you are using Java EE, it’s critical to stay on top of the most current tools, technologies, and best practices for working with Java EE.
This learning path contains self assessments – short, multiple-choice quizzes that you'll take as you work through a Learning Path. They give you quick insights into how you're doing and take the guesswork out of learning.
What you’ll learn—and how you can apply it
- The concepts, tools, and functions of Java EE you’ll need to know to build websites
- You’ll learn how to use the popular Spring framework to streamline your application’s development
- How to build REST-style and SOAP-based web services using Java EE
- How to use Hibernate and the Java Persistence API
- You’ll learn how to select the appropriate design pattern for any given task at hand
This Learning Path is for you because…
- You're a Java SE developer who needs to learn how to use Java EE to build enterprise-level applications
Prerequisites: Fundamental understanding of Java SE and object-oriented programming concepts
Materials or downloads needed in advance: Supplemental Content