Go Programming Basics
Published byO'Reilly Media, Inc.
Get to know Go's simple syntax, rich library, easy concurrency, and scalability. This Learning Path gives you a strong foundation in the basics of the language. Work through real-world examples, learn the complete language, and discover how useful Go can be.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
- Learn about variables, simple types, and declarations
- Understand Go's control structures, including if and switch statements
- Create Go functions and learn how to handle multiple arguments and return values
- Learn built-in types, including maps (associative arrays) and its powerful slice type
- Use go routines and channels for easy concurrency
- Dive into Go’s other great power: interfaces (its approach to object orientation)
- Learn about Go’s tool chain and its built-in support for unit testing
This Learning Path is for you because…
- You're a software developer who knows a language like Python and want to add Go to your skills
- You know some Go, but want to fill in gaps in your knowledge
Prerequisites: beginner-level knowledge of another programming language, such as Python, C++, Java, or JVM language
Materials or downloads needed in advance:Supplemental Content