Goal Setting and Performance for Teams
Published byO'Reilly Media, Inc.
In an Agile world, things move faster than ever in an enterprise, and it’s important that you have methods in place for tracking the progress of your initiatives and projects. Of course, there are as many ways to measure the success of a team and project as there are fish in the sea. Choosing which is best for your organization and team is critical to not just guide your projects to completion but to also keep your team working together and in harmony. Whether you use S.M.A.R.T. goals, GQM, OKRs, or a combination of these ideas, creating goals for your team and measuring performance is critical.
This learning path begins by exploring how to gather a team together, ensuring that you select the right personnel. You then look at some new techniques for communicating and establishing goals and plans and why this is so important in order for your team to succeed. Next, you’ll learn how to measure success, a crucial step in keeping your team engaged and focused. You’ll also examine some realistic roadmaps and prioritization techniques that you can apply to help guide and direct your team. For professional managers, team leads, or anyone else charged with achieving high-quality results for a project, this learning path will give you a sound understanding of how to accomplish big goals via objectives and key results.
What you’ll learn—and how you can apply it
- How to assemble the right people for your team
- Why measuring success is important for employees, the team, and the company
- Understanding why it’s important to think about performance and goals in new ways
This learning path is for you because…
- You're a decisionmaker who wants to create organizational change
- You're a team lead who wants to measure productivity
- You're a manager who wants to align people with organizational goals
Materials or downloads needed in advance: None