How to Implement a Hybrid Cloud Strategy
Published byO'Reilly Media, Inc.
The cloud has transformed the ways in which companies and organizations of all types and sizes go about conducting their business and serving their customers. Few other paradigms in technology have had such an impact. But if your organization is considering making a move to the cloud, there are many considerations that you need to explore ahead of time, not least of which is what cloud model would be the best for you to adopt. Public cloud, private cloud, or hybrid cloud? And when you’ve made that decision, what is the best route for getting there?
If you’re a manager or senior executive of a company that is planning on adopting a hybrid cloud model, this learning path, hosted by technology expert and prolific author Kevin Jackson, shows you how to successfully implement a hybrid cloud strategy. You’ll learn how to discuss, decide, coordinate, manage, and execute a digital transformation solution for your organization that takes advantage of the strengths and flexibility of cloud computing and hybrid IT. Jackson lays out how organizations of any significant size will need to design and deploy a hybrid IT solution if they are to successfully compete, no matter the industry vertical, and guides you in how to do it. You’ll also learn about the “Digital Transformation Triangle” concept, its digital transformation components, how they interact with one another, their effect on IT governance, cultural change management, and how they can advance your organization’s digital transformation journey. When you’ve completed this learning path, you will have a good understanding of how you’ll need to manage implementing a hybrid cloud for your organization.
What you’ll learn—and how you can apply it
- Understand the major digital transformation business capabilities and functions, the challenges they address, and their related functional architectures
- How to develop the business model and associated digital transformation metrics
- Set up operations: addressing the “-ilities”
- How to compare and select IT service consumption models
- Establishing a baseline for the economic model
- How to design the hybrid IT platform
This learning path is for you because…
- You’re a senior executive or senior manager who has little or no coding or IT architecture design skills but are leading a digital transformation initiative
- You’re a member of a team that’s looking to take advantage of advanced information technology capabilities (big data analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain, etc.) offered by the cloud
- You’re a cloud solution architect, business leader, or digital transformation executive sponsor
- You should be familiar with the core concepts of cloud computing (service models, deployment models, application portfolio screening)
- You should have an understanding of data security core concepts such as security controls, Personally Identifiable Information (PII), data sovereignty)
- You should know the basics of cloud computing governance, including IT service management, Service-Level Agreements (SLAs), cloud service provider due diligence, and cloud migration
- You should have some experience operating in an industry vertical as a manager or executive
- You should be comfortable using mobile and wireless technologies to deliver products and/or services
- You should have a general knowledge of internet- and web-related technologies
- You should have a familiarity with industry vertical data governance legal and regulatory requirements
- You should be aware of how digital transformation is expected to affect career industry vertical
Materials or downloads needed in advance: None