Introduction to Data Science with R
The R programming language has arguably become the single most important tool for computational statistics, visualization, and data science. With this Learning Path, master the features you’ll need as a data scientist, from basic programming and plotting to more advanced techniques including machine learning and interactive graphics on the web. You’ll work your data like never before.
This learning path contains self assessments – short, multiple-choice quizzes that you'll take as you work through a Learning Path. They give you quick insights into how you're doing and take the guesswork out of learning.
What you’ll learn—and how you can apply it
- How to install and navigate R
- How to do basic operations like statistical functions, matrix operations, and string functions
- Learn the three skill sets of data science: computer programming, manipulating data sets, and modeling data with statistical methods
- How R and its packages can help you save time and tackle three main issues: data manipulation, data tidying, and data visualization
This Learning Path is for you because…
- You're a data analyst or data scientist who wants to improve your R programming
- You're new to data science and want to get started with a solid environment
Materials or downloads needed in advance: Supplemental Content