Powershell: Getting Started with Powershell 6
Published byPackt Publishing
Master the important features and techniques of Powershell 6 to administer and automate your systems efficiently
PowerShell has become the most efficient tool for managing Windows systems. It combines command-line speed, the flexibility of scripting, and the power of a GUI-based admin tool. Its ability to solve problems efficiently and then to turn that solution into a new tool or automated task allows the system administrators to eliminate future manual labor hours. So, if you are a sysadmin and want to perform complex administration in a timely manner with less effort, then go for this Learning Path. This Learning Path is a comprehensive tutorial with a set of scenarios, real-world examples, and scripts to easily get you started with Windows PowerShell 6.0 and its capabilities
Packt's Video Learning Paths are a series of individual video products put together in a logical and stepwise manner such that each video builds on the skills learned in the video before it.
The highlights of this Learning Path are:
- Discover scripts to automate administrative tasks
- Solve problems and perform tasks using PowerShell 6
- Build a command expression using the pipeline to perform complex tasks with ease
Let's take a quick look at your learning journey. This Learning Path begins with an introduction to PowerShell 6. You will then set up a lab and access PowerShell console and IISE. You will then find and run cmdlets. You will learn to distinguish between objects and texts, work on WIM and CIM objects, and use the pipeline to create a report. You will also work on queries, expressions, and variables. You will develop and create your script to gather data and create a report. You will learn more on turning a script into a function and create modules. You will be learn how to use PowerShell 6 with Active Directory, Microsoft Online, Office 365, IIS, and Desired State Configuration. Finally, you will discover the core features of PowerShell and build consistent patterns to work with software and infrastructure through scripts and command-line administration.
After completing this Learning Path, you will be able to perform complex administration and automation tasks using PowerShell 6 with ease.
What will you learn:
- Learn to set up a lab environment to learn and test PowerShell processes
- Navigate and use PowerShell 6 easily
- Manage servers remotely using PowerShell 6
- Use common parameters to produce verbose output and protect yourself from accidents
- Identify object properties and methods and how to use them
- Manage files and import and export them as CSV, HTML, JSON, and XML
- Learn to use branching and logic in scripts
- Use logging through writing log files and events to the Windows Event Log
Who this learning path is for:
This Learning Path is aimed at system administrators who want to administer and automate their systems with ease using PowerShell 6.
- Prior knowledge of system administration is needed
This path navigates across the following products (in sequential order):