VMware vSphere Unlocked
Published byPackt Publishing
Deliver high business value with VMware vSphere
VMware is currently leading in developing data center virtualization solutions. VMware vSphere 6 is a powerful server virtualization platform that enables best performance, efficiency, and availability for your infrastructure.
This Learning Path is aimed at providing the information required to meet all the objectives specified in the blueprint for the VMware VCP6-DCV certification program. We will begin with exploring the essential concepts of virtualization like ESXi and DCUI interfaces. We then move on to see how vSphere works with virtual machines. This Learning Path will empower you to virtualize any application with ease as we will be covering all the latest enhancements and advanced functionalities of vSphere hypervisor, virtual machines, vCenter Server virtual storage and security. We will teach you how to enhance and monitor vSphere performance by optimizing your virtual environment and solving performance issues. We will also show you how to upgrade your legacy vSphere to the latest version along with troubleshooting techniques. By the end of the Learning Path, you will be equipped with key skills to get started working with vSphere.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with vCenter and Platform Services Controller
- Virtual networking with vSwitches and VMKernel interfaces
- Scalable storage access with NFS and iSCSI
- Protecting your virtual machines with high availability and fault tolerance
- Deep dive into the latest features of VMware vSphere 6 Preparation for the VCP6-DCV examination (along with use of the vSphere 6 documentation)
- Explore the best practices for application virtualization in vSphere 6Backup, recovery, and troubleshooting your vSphere 6 deployment
Prerequisites: A good understanding of networking and network services such as DNS, Active Directory, and TCPIP
This path navigates across the following products (in sequential order):