Yarn & String
with Cherril Doty & Marsh Scott
There are several ways to use yarn and string in mixed-media artwork. It can be laid down as a textural background, used for dimensional outlining, or utilized as “drawing” material. You can also use yarn and string to create abstract or representational images or to hand-sew onto a piece for visual interest or highlighting.
• Yarn, string, embroidery floss, ribbon, cord, paper ribbon, twine, etc.
• Heavy and medium acrylic gel
• Acrylic medium (matte or gloss)
• Painted substrates, such as canvas, board, or heavy paper
• Container of water
• Spray bottle of water for ...