This book includes step-by-step instructions for achieving a wide range of textures with graphite or charcoal.
1. GATHER the tools and materials you need to start drawing. (See here.)
2. LEARN the drawing techniques starting here. Acquainting yourself with the vocabulary and methods for working in graphite and charcoal will help you quickly and easily understand the instructions for replicating each texture.
3. LOCATE your desired texture in the Table of Contents shown here. The textures are organized in the following six categories:
4. FOLLOW the step-by-step process outlined to draw your texture.
5. PRACTICE the texture as it appears in the book; then integrate the textures into your own drawings.