Sound films in 16mm are quite often shot without any sound recording being made simultaneously. Many documentary films are shot without sound and the whole work of preparing a soundtrack is done in the cutting room. If you are cutting this kind of film the main stages of the job will be as follows:
1. Shoot film.
2. Process original and print cutting copy
3. Log rushes.
4. Break down rushes and assemble in script order.
5. Fine cut picture.
6. Re-record tape and disc sound effects and music on perforated magnetic film.
7. Record narration.
8. Match narration and sound effects tracks to fine cut picture.
9. Dub final sound.
10. Neg cut.
11. Produce copies for showing.
You start by editing the ...