The new building blocks for learning in a complex world
This important resource introduces a framework for 21st Century learning that maps out the skills needed to survive and thrive in a complex and connected world. 21st Century content includes the basic core subjects of reading, writing, and arithmetic-but also emphasizes global awareness, financial/economic literacy, and health issues. The skills fall into three categories: learning and innovations skills; digital literacy skills; and life and career skills. This book is filled with vignettes, international examples, and classroom samples that help illustrate the framework and provide an exciting view of twenty-first century teaching and learning.
Explores the three main categories of 21st Century Skills: learning and innovations skills; digital literacy skills; and life and career skills
Addresses timely issues such as the rapid advance of technology and increased economic competition
Based on a framework developed by the Partnership for 21st Century Skills (P21)
The book contains a DVD with video clips of classroom teaching. For more information on the book visit
Note: The ebook version does not provide access to the companion files.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Table of Figures
- List of Tables
- THE AUTHORS
PART ONE - WHAT IS 21ST CENTURY LEARNING?
- Chapter 1 - Learning Past and Future
- Chapter 2 - The Perfect Learning Storm
PART TWO - WHAT ARE 21ST CENTURY SKILLS?
- Chapter 3 - Learning and Innovation Skills
- Chapter 4 - Digital Literacy Skills
- Chapter 5 - Career and Life Skills
PART THREE - 21ST CENTURY LEARNING IN PRACTICE
- Chapter 6 - 21st Century Learning and Teaching
- Chapter 7 - Powerful Learning
- Chapter 8 - Retooling Schooling
- Chapter 9 - Conclusion
- APPENDIX A - Resources
- APPENDIX B - About the Partnership for 21st Century Skills
- APPENDIX C - 3Rs × 7Cs = 21st Century Learning
- HOW TO USE THE DVD
- Title: 21st Century Skills: Learning for Life in Our times
- Release date: October 2009
- Publisher(s): Jossey-Bass
- ISBN: 9780470475386