Get in-depth knowledge of developing exciting 2D Games with Unity.
About This Video
- Provide a strong foundation for 2D game development involving animation and physics.
- Show the audience how to create four different games that span from classic arcade to physics-based puzzle games.
- Demonstrate how to complete various UI mechanics that make a game complete, like a three-star system.
This course will teach you to develop complicated games using procedurally generating techniques. With the use of prefabs and randomness, this course will discuss the creating of two puzzle games: Concentration and Minesweeper.
The first two sections of the course comprise of creating a concentration game, the procedural generation along with logic addition for the Minesweeper game, and finally the last part that covers the steps required to build, host, and share a Unity game using WebGL. In the third and the final section, we’ll talk about the steps required to build, host, and share a Unity game using WebGL.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Game #2-Concentration
Chapter 2 : Game #3-Minesweeper
- Creating the Prefab Tile 00:03:26
- Generating the Field Based on Difficulty 00:11:24
- Adding the Mines 00:02:53
- Generating the Numbers 00:09:40
- Revealing the Tiles 00:04:31
- Player Blows Up 00:03:07
- Using Flood Fill on Empty Spaces 00:12:06
- Flagging Tiles 00:04:49
- Win Conditions 00:04:31
- Timer 00:08:14
- Laying Out the UI 00:10:59
- Hooking Up the UI 00:19:16
- Making a Pause Menu 00:11:29
- Saving the Best Scores 00:10:43
- Chapter 3 : Publishing for the Web
- Chapter 4 : Publishing for Mobile
- Title: 2D Game Programming in Unity
- Release date: August 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781787120921