The following commands display information about connectivity and configuration on a device. Table 1-7 describes general troubleshooting tasks for each OSI layer.
• ipconfig shows the IP configuration.
• ping tests network layer connectivity between devices.
• tracert tests connectivity and displays each hop.
• netstat shows any network connections to the device.
• nslookup queries the configured name server for DNS information.
LANs today often represent the logical grouping of hosts for a single organization. Network administrators typically refer to the ...