Creating a vase from the lines
It may not be immediately evident from its name, but the Screw modifier is the tool that will be used to turn this line into a 3-dimensional shape:
- Switch to the Modifier tab (the one with the blue wrench) in the right-side bar.
- Click on the Add Modifier button.
- Click on the Screw modifier in the second column:
- Uncheck Smooth Shading.
- Change the Render Steps field to 32.
- Change the Steps field to 32:
Like many modifiers in Blender, Screw can be used for many more things than making vases, and experimentation outside of this ...