Let's build the spinner:
- Add (Shift + A) a cylinder. Name the object
Spinner. In the Properties sidebar (N), change the dimensions to X:
- In the properties the location can also be altered so change the Z-location to
3 to move the spinner up a bit.
Now is the time to add the gear. There is a plug-in that adds gear primates packaged with Blender, but it is not activated by default so we will need to take care of it.
Extending Blender with gears
- In the menu bar navigate to File | User Preferences. Click on the Addons tab.
- On the left-hand side click on the Add Mesh button to filter the add-ons.
- On the right find the ...