Chapter 3. Scanning and Printing with a Higher Resolution
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- Setting up DAVID Laserscanner
- Calibrating DAVID Laserscanner
- Scanning with DAVID Laserscanner
- Viewing the model in MeshLab
- Cleaning the scans with MeshLab
- Aligning the scans with MeshLab
- Merging and remeshing the aligned scans in MeshLab
- Tuning up the printer
- Using Skeinforge with a 0.5 mm nozzle
- Using Skeinforge with a 0.35 mm nozzle
- Using Skeinforge with a 0.25 mm nozzle
- Using Slic3r to print different resolutions
In this chapter, we'll look at how we can increase a model's resolution using a laser 3D scanning process.
We'll do this with a 3D scanning system called DAVID Laserscanner. DAVID is a program that utilizes an ordinary line ...