To become aware of the various roadblocks that can constrain team
Fifteen to 30 people in a team training workshop.
A room large enough for the entire group as well as break-out rooms
1. Easel, flipcharts, and markers for each team.
2. Leader Instruction Sheet for each group.
3. Role descriptions for each team leader. Each role description can
be printed on a 3 x 5 index card. See the Role Description Sheet.
4. Copies of the Situation Worksheet for each participant.
5. Copies of the Observers’ Worksheet for three observers.
1. The facilitator gives a brief talk on how roadblocks can constrain a
team from reaching its goals and objectives.
2. The facilitator explains the purpose of the activity and the agenda.
3. The facilitator selects three people to serve as team leaders. The
team leaders are given a Leader Instruction Sheet, one Role
Description Sheet, and a Situation Worksheet. The team leaders
then go off for five minutes to review the handouts.
4. The facilitator selects three participants to be observers and
reviews the Observers’ Worksheet with them.
5. The facilitator assigns the remaining participants to a team and
gives each person a copy of the Situation Worksheet.
6. The team leaders return and begin the activity.
7. After 20 minutes the meetings are ended. The observers provide
feedback and discuss the impact of the leader’s behavior on the