Understand the user in-depth and apply the best UX practice and design principles
About This Video
- This practical course will teach you key skills, from running user workshops all the way to building high-fidelity prototypes
- This course combines theory and applied principles in a step-by-step way, with plenty of screen shares and live demonstrations of UX tasks
- This course features many relevant case studies, practical how-to guides, and demonstrations of best-practice principles
Whether your background is in development or design, you will often hear phrases such as 'Oh, this software is easy, the users will have no problem with it, or can you just add some UX to it'. As digital creators; How do we navigate through the often subjective and conflicting input from various stakeholders, into our design work? How can we be certain that our design will be successful with the user? How can you create a good design?
This course will immerse you in five core aspects of user experience. You will look at how to understand users better, so you can create better experiences for them. We will get practical, looking at specific tools and methods, as we consider how to collaborate more constructively with others in our organizations.
Our conversational style of teaching will help you pick up the basics quickly, without getting bogged down in the theory. The course also offers total flexibility so that, if you want to investigate a particular topic, you can jump straight in at your own pace.
By the end of the course, you will be able to decode UX designs and understand what actually excites your customers and what doesn't.
This course is most suitable for UX Designers who want to improve their user-centered design, focused on delivering enhanced and more efficient design skills. Get the competitive edge you need by having confidence in the designs you create.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Get out the Building: Your First Usability Test
- Chapter 2 : Adding Value to the Experience
- Chapter 3 : Creating a Usable Application
- Chapter 4 : Getting Your Users to Trust You: Credibility
- Chapter 5 : Creating Desirable Design
- Chapter 6 : Accessible Experiences
- Chapter 7 : Stop the Hide and Seek: Findable Navigation
- Chapter 8 : Applying UX, Working with Others, and Improving Your Portfolio
- Title: 50 Shades of UX Design
- Release date: June 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838822347
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Building Microservices, 2nd Edition
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained as organizations shift from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained …