It takes passion to start a new business. But that same entrepreneurial enthusiasm can also lead you astray.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
Part I: Entrepreneurial Passion: A Double-Edged Sword
- Chapter 1: True Believers: Why Founders Fall in Love with Their Ideas
Chapter 2: The Passion Trap: How Attachment to Your Idea Can Sabotage Your Startup
- What Is the Passion Trap?
- The Damage Done: Six Negative Impacts of Entrepreneurial Passion
- The Core Pattern: How the Passion Trap Works
- Icarus Qualities: Who Is Most Vulnerable to the Passion Trap?
- Early Warning Signs: Are You in Danger of Being Trapped?
- Moving Forward: Six Principles for Making the Most of Entrepreneurial Passion
Part II: Your Foundation: Six Principles for Launching a Can’t-Miss Startup
- Chapter 3: Founder Readiness: How to Prepare for the Entrepreneurial Journey
- Chapter 4: The Pull of the Market: Attach to Your Customer, Not to Your Idea
- Chapter 5: Your Math Story: Charting a Path to Breakeven and Beyond
- Chapter 6: Startup Agility: Executing with Focused Flexibility
- Chapter 7: Integrity of Communication: Your Secret Startup Weapon
- Chapter 8: Staying Power: Give Your Venture Time to Take Flight
- Appendix A: Startup Readiness Tool
- Appendix B: Resources and Readings
- Title: 6 Secrets to Startup Success
- Release date: March 2011
- Publisher(s): AMACOM
- ISBN: 9780814416075