It takes passion to start a new business. But that same entrepreneurial enthusiasm can also lead you astray.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
Part I: Entrepreneurial Passion: A Double-Edged Sword
- Chapter 1: True Believers: Why Founders Fall in Love with Their Ideas
Chapter 2: The Passion Trap: How Attachment to Your Idea Can Sabotage Your Startup
- What Is the Passion Trap?
- The Damage Done: Six Negative Impacts of Entrepreneurial Passion
- The Core Pattern: How the Passion Trap Works
- Icarus Qualities: Who Is Most Vulnerable to the Passion Trap?
- Early Warning Signs: Are You in Danger of Being Trapped?
- Moving Forward: Six Principles for Making the Most of Entrepreneurial Passion
Part II: Your Foundation: Six Principles for Launching a Can’t-Miss Startup
- Chapter 3: Founder Readiness: How to Prepare for the Entrepreneurial Journey
- Chapter 4: The Pull of the Market: Attach to Your Customer, Not to Your Idea
- Chapter 5: Your Math Story: Charting a Path to Breakeven and Beyond
- Chapter 6: Startup Agility: Executing with Focused Flexibility
- Chapter 7: Integrity of Communication: Your Secret Startup Weapon
- Chapter 8: Staying Power: Give Your Venture Time to Take Flight
- Appendix A: Startup Readiness Tool
- Appendix B: Resources and Readings
- Title: 6 Secrets to Startup Success
- Release date: March 2011
- Publisher(s): AMACOM
- ISBN: 9780814416075
You might also like
Hungry Start-up Strategy
Entrepreneurs are hungry. But it’s not just because they’re living on ramen and adrenaline while they …
The Small Business Bible: Everything You Need to Know to Succeed in Your Small Business, 3rd Edition
An updated third edition of the most comprehensive guide to small business success Whether you're a …
Startup, Scaleup, Screwup.
Real-world tools to build your venture, grow your business, and avoid mistakes Startup, Scaleup, Screwup is …
The Agile Startup: Quick and Dirty Lessons Every Entrepreneur Should Know
An inspiring and impactful compilation of the most important lessons of entrepreneurship The tools of a …