Windows is one of the basic operating systems that you should know if you’re pursuing a career in IT. Whether you’re just starting your career or looking to advance in your existing IT field, it is always beneficial to start with Windows. This course will help you get started with Windows Server 2016 administration, systematically taking you through the essential concepts and techniques.
You’ll begin by understanding Windows 2016 installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, command line, OS tools and more. The course will also guide you through creating users, groups, and organizational units (OUs) with Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC). As the course nears completion, you will focus on storage management. All along, you’ll not only learn the concepts but also test your knowledge through quizzes, homework and hand-out material just like a live classroom training.
The instructor of this course has been teaching this exact course in a classroom environment in New York City. 80% of his students who took this course got a job in Windows within months. To help you progress in your career and get your dream IT job, this course even features an exclusive resume and interview workshop.
By the end of this course, you will be well-versed in Windows Server 2016 administration and have developed the skills you need to pursue a career in IT.
What You Will Learn
- Install, configure and manage Windows server
- Create users, groups, and OUs with Active Directory Users and Computers
- Learn about Group Policy Management
- Understand virtual technology installation and configuration
- Gain useful insights into Disk Management
- Get to grips with FTP server installation, configuration, and management
This course is for anyone who is looking to get started with Windows Server 2016 or anyone who wants to improve their Windows skills.
About The Author
Imran Afzal: Imran Afzal is a systems engineer/manager, entrepreneur, instructor, and a public speaker. He started his career with Time Warner in 2000 as a systems administrator. He was involved in deploying technologies such as DTV, VOD, CableCards, and others. These technologies were built on many Linux distributions. Since then, he has utilized Linux/Unix skills in many Fortune 500 companies.
He has worn many different hats and currently manages a large team of systems engineers, administrators and team leads globally. He has spearheaded projects such as datacenter migration, introduction, and deployment of VMware, monitoring tools implementation, Amazon cloud migration, and many more. He is certified in Linux Systems Management, UNIX Operating Systems, Linux System Administration, System Internals, VMWare Certified Professional, RHCSA, and Windows Server Certified.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 :Syllabus Overview
- Chapter 2 :Module 1 - Understanding of Microsoft Windows
- Chapter 3 :Module 2 - Setting up a Lab
- Chapter 4 :Module 3 - Windows Installation and Configuration
- Chapter 5 :Module 4 - System Access and File System
Chapter 6 :Module 5 - System Administration
- Welcome to Module 5
- User Account Management
- Elevating User Roles
- Monitor Users Activity (Task manager and command line)
- System Utilities Under Accessories
- Programs and Service Management (Control panel and services)
- System Resource Monitoring (Task Manager)
- Windows Event Logs
- System Maintenance
- Jobs and Schedules
- Windows Settings
- Server Manager Dashboard
- Installing and Uninstalling Programs
- Windows Applications (Microsoft or 3rd Party)
- Windows Short-Cut Keys (Alt + Ctrl + Del etc.)
- Check System Hardware (Device Manager)
Chapter 7 :Module 6 - Advance Windows Administration
- Welcome to Module 6
- Roles vs. Features
- Adding Roles and Features
- What is Domain Controller?
- Domain Controller and Active Directory
- Active Directory Prerequisites
- What is DNS?
- Active Directory Installation
- Active Directory "Users and Computers"
- Active Directory User Account Management
- Installing Windows Client
- Joining the Domain from Windows 7
- Remove from AD DNS
- Joining the Domain from Windows 10
- Active Directory "Administrative Center"
- Active Directory "Domain and Trust"
- Active Directory "Module for Windows PowerShell"
- Active Directory "Site and Services"
- Active Directory Group Policy Management
- DNS Administration
- WebServer (IIS) Installation
- Chapter 8 :Module 7 - Windows Scripting and Command Line
- Chapter 9 :Module 8 - Networking and System Updates
- Chapter 10 :Module 9 - Storage Management
- Chapter 11 :Module 10 - Additional Resources
- Title: A Complete Course on Windows Server 2016 Administration
- Release date: July 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838984793
You might also like
Windows Server 70-740: Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016
16+ Hours of Video Instruction More than 16 hours of video instruction, quizzes, and exercises to …
Exam Ref AZ-800 Administering Windows Server Hybrid Core Infrastructure
Prepare for Microsoft Exam AZ-800 and demonstrate your real-world mastery of designing, implementing, and managing Windows …
Mastering Windows Server 2016
A comprehensive and practical guide to Windows Server 2016 About This Book In-depth coverage of new …
Introduction to Windows Server 2016 for Beginners
Are you looking to learn the basics of Windows Server 2016 system administration? If so, this …