Look into installation and configuration of Domain Controller, Active Directory, DNS, WebServer (IIS), Group Policy, WSUS and more.
About This Video
- Gain a solid understanding of a domain controller and DNS management
- Explore Web Server (IIS) administration
- Get up to speed with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) administration
Windows is one of the basic operating systems that you should know if you’re pursuing a career in IT. Whether you’re just starting your career or looking to advance in your existing IT field, it is always beneficial to start with Windows. This course will help you get started with Windows Server 2016 administration, systematically taking you through the essential concepts and techniques.
You’ll begin by understanding Windows 2016 installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, command line, OS tools and more. The course will also guide you through creating users, groups, and organizational units (OUs) with Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC). As the course nears completion, you will focus on storage management. All along, you’ll not only learn the concepts but also test your knowledge through quizzes, homework and hand-out material just like a live classroom training.
The instructor of this course has been teaching this exact course in a classroom environment in New York City. 80% of his students who took this course got a job in Windows within months. To help you progress in your career and get your dream IT job, this course even features an exclusive resume and interview workshop.
By the end of this course, you will be well-versed in Windows Server 2016 administration and have developed the skills you need to pursue a career in IT.
Who this book is for
This course is for anyone who is looking to get started with Windows Server 2016 or anyone who wants to improve their Windows skills.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 :Syllabus Overview
- Chapter 2 :Module 1 - Understanding of Microsoft Windows
- Chapter 3 :Module 2 - Setting up a Lab
- Chapter 4 :Module 3 - Windows Installation and Configuration
- Chapter 5 :Module 4 - System Access and File System
Chapter 6 :Module 5 - System Administration
- Welcome to Module 5
- User Account Management
- Elevating User Roles
- Monitor Users Activity (Task manager and command line)
- System Utilities Under Accessories
- Programs and Service Management (Control panel and services)
- System Resource Monitoring (Task Manager)
- Windows Event Logs
- System Maintenance
- Jobs and Schedules
- Windows Settings
- Server Manager Dashboard
- Installing and Uninstalling Programs
- Windows Applications (Microsoft or 3rd Party)
- Windows Short-Cut Keys (Alt + Ctrl + Del etc.)
- Check System Hardware (Device Manager)
Chapter 7 :Module 6 - Advance Windows Administration
- Welcome to Module 6
- Roles vs. Features
- Adding Roles and Features
- What is Domain Controller?
- Domain Controller and Active Directory
- Active Directory Prerequisites
- What is DNS?
- Active Directory Installation
- Active Directory "Users and Computers"
- Active Directory User Account Management
- Installing Windows Client
- Joining the Domain from Windows 7
- Remove from AD DNS
- Joining the Domain from Windows 10
- Active Directory "Administrative Center"
- Active Directory "Domain and Trust"
- Active Directory "Module for Windows PowerShell"
- Active Directory "Site and Services"
- Active Directory Group Policy Management
- DNS Administration
- WebServer (IIS) Installation
- Chapter 8 :Module 7 - Windows Scripting and Command Line
- Chapter 9 :Module 8 - Networking and System Updates
- Chapter 10 :Module 9 - Storage Management
- Chapter 11 :Module 10 - Additional Resources
- Title: A Complete Course on Windows Server 2016 Administration
- Release date: July 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838984793
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
The Linux Command Line, 2nd Edition
The Linux Command Line takes you from your very first terminal keystrokes to writing full programs …
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), 2nd Edition
18+ Hours of Video Instruction Learn everything you need to know to pass the Certified Ethical …
The Complete Cybersecurity Bootcamp (Video Collection): Threat Defense, Ethical Hacking, and Incident Handling
More than 25 Hours of Expert Video Instruction This course is a complete guide to help …