Book descriptionA Librarian’s Guide on How to Publish discusses the publishing strategies needed for the development of skills that are essential for successful job requirements and the production of quality print and electronic publications. The book serves as a useful guide indicating the main principles of professional library publishing activities in both print and virtual environments. A number of library activities are, in fact, publishing, and requires librarians to have the knowledge and skills in order to manage it. With the wide use of web sites, these competencies are becoming indispensable. Whether it is publishing catalogues of their collections, selected bibliographies, exhibition catalogues, or journals. The Internet has transformed libraries’ web pages into real publishing projects.
- Enables librarians to undertake successful publishing projects
- Helps librarians to avoid professional mistakes which can be a challenge for library image and cause financial loses
- Equips managers with the skills for supervising the main publishing process outcomes
Table of contents
- Cover image
- Title page
- Table of Contents
- Figures and tables
- About the authors
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Brief overview of the history of publishing
- Chapter 3: Technology-driven publishing and libraries
- Chapter 4: An overview of publishing fields and publishing capital
Chapter 5: Basics of the library publishing chain
- Where to start and how to manage the process
- Why publish?
- Who is the audience for library publications?
- What do libraries publish?
- Print or electronic?
- Why is an editorial board important?
- The publishing plan
- Manuscript selection
- Authors’ contracts
- Print publishing
- Electronic publishing
- Distribution by the library
- Distribution by a retailer
- Chapter 6: Basic professions in publishing applied to library publishing
- Chapter 7: Variety in library publishing
- Chapter 8: Relations with other publishers
- Chapter 9: Conclusions
- Appendix 1: Checklist for library strategic plan development
- Appendix 2: What to consider for future publishing projects
- Title: A Librarian’s Guide on How to Publish
- Release date: March 2011
- Publisher(s): Chandos Publishing
- ISBN: 9781780632612
You might also like
Copywriting, 2nd Edition
Writing copy is often assumed to be a natural talent. However, there are simple techniques you …
Publishing E-Books For Dummies
Publish, market, and sell your own e-book Although creating an e-book seems fairly straightforward, it is …
Tell It Slant, Third Edition, 3rd Edition
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, …
Hack into the secret power of your brain Your Brain 100 Billion Neurons 100 Trillion Connections …