These two pages are a summation of the Slinky Formula, Guidelines, and Calculations, as well as other calculations used in this book.
The Slinky Formula
• Field Angle° ÷ 2 = Beam Angle°.
The Slinky Configuration
• Every other pool at least touches each other’s edge.
• Each pool at least bisects the adjacent pool of light.
The Slinky Method Guidelines
• To provide proper overlap between two lights and achieve a smooth blend, the edge of the second beam should land in the middle of the first beam.
• To properly plot straight washes, the ideal distance between each hung instrument should be approximately half of one beam pool width, either side-to-side for each zone, or up- and downstage between ...