Some automation techniques apply for multiple classes of application. These are described in this section.
- Image stitching is used to reconstruct an image of information rendered on a physical device or on an emulator.
- OCR matching.
- Encoding data in pixels.
- Model-Based Testing (MBT).
8.1 GUI-LEVEL AUTOMATION
Software agents enable GUI-level automation. However, challenges (in terms of making the tests relatively reliable) include:
- The need for high contrast, opaque, block colors for backgrounds, etc., to make images easier to match for menus, etc.
- Deciding whether to use image pattern-matching or OCR.
- Structuring test resources, e.g., you may need a set of images per device.
8.2 IMAGE STITCHING
Image stitching ...