A readable, understandable introduction to DSP for professionals and students alike . . .
This practical guide is a welcome alternative to more complicated introductions to DSP. It assumes no prior DSP experience and takes the reader step-by-step through the most basic signal processing concepts to more complex functions and devices, including sampling, filtering, frequency transforms, data compression, and even DSP design decisions. The guide provides clear, concise explanations and examples, while keeping mathematics to a minimum, to help develop a fundamental understanding of DSP.
Other features include:
* An extensive resource bibliography of more advanced DSP books.
* An example of a typical DSP system development cycle, including tool descriptions.
* A complete glossary of DSP-related acronyms
Whether you're a working engineer looking into DSP for the first time or an undergraduate struggling to comprehend the subject, this engaging introduction provides easy access to the basic knowledge that will lead to more advanced material.
Texas Instruments has been designing and manufacturing single-chip DSP devices since 1982 and now produces eight distinct generations as part of the industry-standard TMS320 family. Much of this book is based on the experience TI gained in developing DSPs and training first-time users.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- 1: The Development of Digital Signal Processing
2: Why Do It Digitally Anyway?
- EASIER IMPLEMENTATION OF ADAPTIVE ALGORITHMS
- ERROR CORRECTING CODES
- SPECIAL FUNCTIONS
- DATA TRANSMISSION AND STORAGE
- DATA COMPRESSION
- PRACTICAL DSP SYSTEMS
- DSP IN CONTROL SYSTEMS
- THE INCREASING CAPABILITIES OF ANALOG VLSI
- PROGRESS TOWARD THE IDEAL OP AMP
- OTHER CIRCUIT FUNCTIONS
- 3: Converting Analog to Digital
- 4: Filtering
- 5: Transforming Signals into the Frequency Domain
- 6: Encoding of Waveforms – Increasing the Channel Bandwidth
7: Practical DSP Hardware Design Issues
- HARDWARE ALTERNATIVES FOR DSP
- USING A GENERAL-PURPOSE DSP DEVICE
- FIXED- AND FLOATING-POINT DSP DEVICES
- FIXED-POINT ARITHMETIC
- QUANTIZATION EFFECTS AND SCALING IN FIXED-POINT DSPS
- FLOATING-POINT ARITHMETIC
- DSP SYSTEM SPEED CONSIDERATIONS
- Accessing Memory Resources
- Integration of Peripheral Devices
- 8: DSP System Design Flow
- Glossary of Acronyms
- Title: A Simple Approach to Digital Signal Processing
- Release date: March 1996
- Publisher(s): Wiley-Interscience
- ISBN: 9780471152439
You might also like
Digital Signal Processing: A Practitioner's Approach
Digital signal processing is essential for improving the accuracy and reliability of a range of engineering …
Digital Signal Processing: A Practical Guide for Engineers and Scientists
In addition to its thorough coverage of DSP design and programming techniques, Smith also covers the …
Embedded Systems Architecture
A comprehensive guide to reaping the benefits of architectural modeling in embedded design About This Book …
Understanding Digital Signal Processing
Amazon.com’s Top-Selling DSP Book for Seven Straight Years—Now Fully Updated! is quite simply the best resource …