The book will appeal to corporate managers who must manage issues and controversies involving outside groups and organizations The book shows practitioners how to ground their strategic advice on the kind of empirical research that reveals the socio-political dynamics of the issue. It is the first book to approach issues management from a blended application of advances in institutional theory, social movement theory, stakeholder theory and social network analysis.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Chapter 1: Why a Stakeholder Approach to Managing Issues?
- Chapter 2: Where Do Issues Come From?
- Chapter 3: Social Capital in Stakeholder Networks
- Chapter 4: Getting the Data
- Chapter 5: Summarizing the Data
- Chapter 6: Developing Strategies for Specific Issues and Their Stakeholders
- Chapter 7: General Issues Management Strategies and Metastrategies
- Announcing the Business Expert Press Digital Library
- Title: A Stakeholder Approach to Issues Management
- Release date: December 2011
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781606490976