Explore the Twitter Developer API and connect from your local machine
About This Video
- Set up and develop a mini-application to query the API and start retrieving data
As a web developer, you’ve probably heard a lot about APIs and data retrieval over the last few years. This course will teach you how to set up a local server, connect the Twitter API, and return data to output into your web page. It’s amazing how much information is available on Twitter. Connecting the API is easy and can provide real-world working experience with JSON AJAX and APIs.
Twitter has a HUGE amount of data within each Tweet Object, so getting to know the Twitter API and working with it can provide first-hand experience that can be used in any number of real-world applications. If you can navigate and output data from this API, others will be a snap.
This step-by-step training includes everything you need to set up and develop a mini application. It’s great for beginners and developers of all skill levels. You can then use this as a starting point to explore and extend your skills with the endless possibilities. What are you waiting for? You have nothing to lose, so take the first step and start having some fun with the Twitter API!
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Introduction to Connecting to Twitter API
- Course Twitter API introduction 00:03:12
- Course Development Environment 00:02:51
- Explore how to Get Packages NPM 00:04:50
- Setup Twitter Developer Application and account 00:10:45
- Output Tweet Object as JSON 00:05:11
- Setup Index Frontend Code 00:07:30
- Style and look Nice CSS and frontend view 00:02:17
- Post a Tweet from index page 00:09:01
- Source Code Review 00:07:25
- Release date: August 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789611724