Book descriptionThe Social Revolution's impact on the business world cannot be over-estimated. Like the meteor that likely precipitated the end of the dinosaurs, Social is the catalyst in an extinction event--and business as we know it has changed forever. A World Gone Social offers an eye-opening look at fundamental and powerful changes the social collaboration era has set in motion: ● Customers now have the power--just watch what happens as more realize it! ● With increased transparency, businesses must be more ethical--no more pretending ● Command-and-control leadership is now so inefficient, it is a liability ● Nimble and small is the new competitive advantage--few corporations are capable of the agility required by evolving marketplaces ● Recruiting is now a two-way proposition, with job seekers able to peer behind the corporate curtain ● Relationship and community-building is how customers and brand ambassadors are won--and retained ● Engagement--with partners, employees, and customers--is not a luxury; it is a requirement. Each chapter provides compelling stories and concrete examples of companies demonstrating enlightened business practices and doing Social right--and some that are not--and the lessons to be learned from their experiences. Finally, readers will discover how to objectively assess the fit ness of their own company's culture and social presence...so they may successfully transition from a 20th- to a 21st-century "social" organization.
Table of contents
- Foreword by Peter Aceto, CEO, Tangerine
- CHAPTER 1 | Welcome to the Social Age
- CHAPTER 2 | The Customer Holds All the Cards
- CHAPTER 3 | The Social Employee: Good, Bad, and Way Past Ugly
CHAPTER 4 | The Evolution of Social Recruiting
- Social Recruiting: Disrupter
- The Résumé Black Hole
- What Is Social Recruiting?
- How Is This More Human?
- Beware the Social Recruiting Puritans
- Is Social Recruiting a Dinosaur Killer?
- Why Does Social Recruiting Really Work?
- Employee Referrals = Recruiting Gold Mine
- Social Recruiting on Steroids
- What Is the ROI of Social Recruiting?
- CHAPTER 5 | The Engagement Era
- CHAPTER 6 | It Takes a Community
CHAPTER 7 | The Death of Large
- Those Unwilling to Change Will Cease to Exist
- Agrarian to Industrial
- Is the Industrial Century Behind Us?
- We’re Already Surrounded by “Nano”
- Can Your Company Innovate This Fast?
- The Perfect Killer App
- Go Nano or Go Home
- We Repeat: Not All Roses and Rainbows
- The Death of Large Is More Than Speculation
- Hence, the Death of Large
CHAPTER 8 | Flat: The New Black?
- What If Every Employee Made Big Decisions?
- From Zombie Slaying to Tomato Processing
- Can Flat Scale?
- Flat: More Than Just an Intriguing Concept?
- Employees Perform Better in Flat Organizations
- Change Is the Result of Insurmountable Market Pressure
- How Do You Flatten Hierarchies?
- Going Flat Can Hurt
- First, Go Flatter . . . Then a Little Flatter
- Flat Will Be the New Black
- CHAPTER 9 | The OPEN Challenge (Ordinary People, Extraordinary Network)
- CHAPTER 7 | The Death of Large
CHAPTER 10 | The Social Leader: A Blue Unicorn?
- A Leader Could Learn . . . a Lot
- How Social Is Your CEO?
- Beware the Insincere Social Leader
- What If This Just Isn’t You (Yet)?
- The Very Real Sense of Urgency
- The Power of the Social Leader
- Who’s Social Now?
- 100 CIOs in One Hour
- Getting Up to Speed
- Have We Got a Two-Day Course for You!
- Beware of Charlatans, Gurus, and Ninjas
- If This CEO Can Find the Time . . .
- CHAPTER 11 | Building a World-Class Team for the Social Age
- CHAPTER 12 | In the Social Age, Customer Experience Comes First
CHAPTER 13 | And Stop Calling Me “Social Media Marketing”!
- Social Media Marketing Is . . . Marketing
- Trust Is the New Currency
- A Nontrust Story
- The Power of Content
- How Content Marketing Really Works
- Content Marketing Worthy of Emulation
- Can You Capitalize on CM Without a Blog?
- If You Write a Blog, and No One Reads It . . .
- Schedule—But Never Fail to Engage
- Show Some Face
- Take “Personal” to the Next Level
- The Social Sanity Check
- Bank of America’s Epic Automessage Fail
- Respected Resources
- Does Social Media Marketing Actually Work?
- CHAPTER 10 | The Social Leader: A Blue Unicorn?
- CHAPTER 14 | Investing in Social: Is What You See Real?
- CHAPTER 15 | The Future of Business in a World Gone Social
- About the Authors
- Free Sample Chapter from Marketing to Millennials by Jeff Fromm and Christie Garton
- Title: A World Gone Social
- Release date: September 2014
- Publisher(s): AMACOM
- ISBN: 9780814433270
You might also like
Sustainability Lessons From the Front Lines
The current corporate sustainability movement is unsustainable, the authors argue. Not because companies are pursuing the …
Programming Rust, 2nd Edition
The Rust programming language offers the rare and valuable combination of statically verified memory safety and …
Brand Against the Machine: How to Build Your Brand, Cut Through the Marketing Noise, and Stand Out from the Competition
Ditch traditional corporate branding to create a powerful, recognizable brand Brand Against the Machine offers proven …
Kafka: The Definitive Guide, 2nd Edition
Every enterprise application creates data, whether it consists of log messages, metrics, user activity, outgoing messages, …