Acoustic and MIDI Orchestration for the Contemporary Composer, Second Edition provides effective explanations and illustrations to teach you how to integrate traditional approaches to orchestration with the use of the modern sequencing techniques and tools available to today’s composer. By covering both approaches, Pejrolo and DeRosa offer a comprehensive and multifaceted learning experience that will develop your orchestration and sequencing skills and enhance your final productions.
A leading manual on its subject, the second edition allows experienced composers and producers to be exposed to sequencing techniques applied to traditional writing and arranging styles. The book continues to provide a comprehensive and solid learning experience and has been fully revised to include the latest tools and techniques.
The new edition has been updated to include:
- A new chapter on cover writing and sequencing for vocal ensembles
- Coverage of writing for different ensemble sizes
- A new final chapter on writing and production techniques for mixed contemporary ensembles.
- All new techniques, tools, and sound libraries available to today’s composer.
A companion website (www.routledge.com/cw/pejrolo) includes a wide selection of audio examples, templates, sounds, and videos showcasing operational processes, allows you the opportunity to listen to the techniques discussed within the book.
Table of contents
- Half Title
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1—Basic Concepts for the MIDI Composer, Arranger, and Orchestrator
- Chapter 2—Writing and Sequencing for the Rhythm Section
- Chapter 3—Writing and Sequencing for the String Orchestra
- Chapter 4—Writing and Sequencing for the Woodwind Section
- Chapter 5—Writing and Sequencing for the Brass Section
- Chapter 6—Writing and Sequencing for Vocal Ensembles
- Chapter 7—Writing for Various Ensemble Sizes and Other Final Considerations
- Appendix A—Music Scores and Examples
- Title: Acoustic and MIDI Orchestration for the Contemporary Composer, 2nd Edition
- Release date: November 2016
- Publisher(s): Routledge
- ISBN: 9781317625599
You might also like
Songwriting For Dummies
Proven techniques for songwriting success This friendly, hands-on guide tackles the new face of the recording …
Automate the Boring Stuff with Python
Automate the Boring Stuff with Python teaches simple programming skills to automate everyday computer tasks.
Python for Programmers, First Edition
The professional programmer's Deitel® guide to Python® with introductory artificial intelligence case studies Written for programmers …
C++ for Lazy Programmers: Quick, Easy, and Fun C++ for Beginners
Learn C++ the quick, easy, and “lazy” way. This book is an introductory programming text that …