Explore the features, the installation, and the configuration of these seven new servers and gain a conceptual understanding of how your users will be working with them.
Forms Server 2007
Groove Server 2007
Communications Server 2007
PerformancePoint Server 2007
Project Portfolio Server 2007
Project Server 2007
SharePoint® Server 2007 for Search
Along with the release of Windows Vista and the revamped suite of Office 2007 products, Microsoft has released a line-up of new servers. Exchange Server 2007 and SharePoint® Server 2007 are two of the major players, but there are also seven additional Office 2007 Servers of which you may not be aware that can add productivity to your environment in a variety of ways.
Each of the seven servers is unique and requires distinct assessment to determine if your company can benefit from any given server. This book provides you with the knowledge you need to determine the use of each server, the prerequisites and procedures of server installation, the post-installation configuration options so you can set it and forget it, and finally, a look at the client-side applications that interact with the new servers.
Detailed information on how to…
Install each of the seven Office 2007 Servers, including both standalone and server farm installation.
Handle post-installation configuration options for each of the seven Office 2007 Servers.
Create InfoPath forms to post to your InfoPath Forms Server.
Work with the Groove client once your Groove Servers are in place.
Communicate more efficiently within your company using a Communications Server and the new Communicator 2007 client.
Handle larger projects through Project Professional 2007 with your new Project Server and Project Portfolio Server.
Understand Business Intelligence (BI) in order to manage your company’s future through PerformancePoint Server.
Improve your ability to search for content through your SharePoint Server for Search.
J. Peter Bruzzese is an independent consultant and trainer for a variety of clients including CBT Nuggets, New Horizons, and ONLC.com. Over the past ten years Peter has worked for/with Goldman Sachs, CommVault Systems, and Microsoft, to name a few. He focuses on corporate training and has had the privilege of working with some of the best trainers in the business of computer education. In the past he specialized in Active Directory and Exchange instruction, as well as certification training. Peter is a contributor to Redmond Magazine, WindowsITPro magazine, and several tech sites, and a speaker for the MCP TechMentor Conferences.
Ronald Barrett is the director of information technology for an accounting and financial services firm, while also serving as chairman for the Technology Executive Committee for CPAmerica, a national CPA network, consisting of 15,000+ professionals.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Authors
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- Chapter 1. Forms Server 2007: Overview and Installation
- Chapter 2. Forms Server 2007: Configuration and Advanced Techniques
- Chapter 3. Forms Server 2007: Using InfoPath to Create Online Electronic Forms
- Chapter 4. Groove Server 2007: Overview and Installation
- Chapter 5. Groove Server 2007: Configuration
- Chapter 6. Groove Server 2007: Mastering the Groove
- Chapter 7. Live Communications Server 2005: Overview, Installation, and Configuration
- Chapter 8. Live Communications Server 2005/2007: Management of LCS and Overview of OCS
- Chapter 9. PerformancePoint Server 2007: Overview and Installation
- Chapter 10. PerformancePoint Server 2007: Configuration
- Chapter 11. PerformancePoint Server 2007: Clients
- Chapter 12. Project Portfolio Server: Overview and Installation
- Chapter 13. Project Portfolio Server 2007: Configuration
- Chapter 14. Project Server 2007: Overview and Installation
- Chapter 15. Project Server 2007: Administrating Your Project Server
- Chapter 16. Project Server 2007: Working with Project Professional
- Chapter 17. SharePoint Server for Search 2007: Overview, Installation, and Administration
- Chapter 18. The Future of Collaboration with Office
- Title: Administrator’s Guide to Microsoft Office 2007 Servers: Forms Server 2007, Groove Server 2007, Live Communications Server 2007, PerformancePoint Server 2007, Project Portfolio Server 2007, Project Server 2007, SharePoint Server 2007 for Search
- Release date: December 2007
- Publisher(s): Sams
- ISBN: 9780672329494
You might also like
Attacking Network Protocols
Attacking Network Protocols is a deep-dive into network vulnerability discovery from James Forshaw, Microsoft's top bug …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Advances in Communications-Based Train Control Systems
With rapid population explosion, improving rail transit speed and capacity is strongly desirable around the world. …
Network Basics Companion Guide, Video Enhanced Edition
Network Basics Companion Guide is the official supplemental textbook for the Network Basics course in the …