Adobe AIR is one of the hottest topics in rich application development. This exciting new technology is still in beta, but it's already being adopted by such web giants as eBay. With AIR, Web developers use their existing skills to build rich applications that flow seamlessly between the internet and the desktop.
Web developers who read this book will be able to take instant advantage of the increased resources available to desktop applications. Sometimes-connected, web-enabled applications are gaining in popularity, and web developers of all stripes will want to add these skills to their toolbox.
Purchase of the print book comes with an offer of a free PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBook from Manning. Also available is all code from the book.
Table of Contents
- Brief Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- About this Book
- Chapter 1. Introducing Adobe AIR
- Chapter 2. Applications, windows, and menus
- Chapter 3. File system integration
- Chapter 4. Copy-and-paste and drag-and-drop
- Chapter 5. Using local databases
- Chapter 6. Network communication
- Chapter 7. HTML in AIR
- Chapter 8. Distributing and updating AIR applications
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Listings
- Title: Adobe AIR in Action, Pap/Pas Edition
- Release date: August 2008
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 9781933988481