Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is fast becoming the digital
photographer’s tool of choice, with its killer combination of
versatile photo cataloging features and powerful image editing
tools. Adobe Photoshop, its older relative, is still around,
though, and is still indispensable for the unique tools it offers,
as well as its wide range of uses. This book shows photographers
how to use these two great products together to achieve results
they could not have produced working with one alone.
First, the book provides a quick overview of the cataloging functions of Lightroom -- useful for Photoshop users who may have used a different photo organization tool (or none at all!). Then you’ll work through a series of projects that focus on taking images from Lightroom into Photoshop to use tools not available in Lightroom. Typical workflows include stitching images into a panorama, layering multiple exposures of a scene to create a high dynamic range (HDR) image, fixing common photo problems (like blur caused by camera shake), bringing out important details or adding creative effects with adjustment layers, or layering images to create composites (including adding text or 3D objects), or doing precise photo retouching.
Classroom in a Book®, the best-selling series of hands-on software training workbooks, helps you learn the features of Adobe software quickly and easily. Classroom in a Book offers what no other book or training program does–an official training series from Adobe Systems Incorporated, developed with the support of Adobe product experts.
Table of Contents
- 1. Getting Ready To Use Lightroom With Photoshop
- 2. Lightroom–Photoshop Roundtrip Workflow
- 3. Managing Photos in Lightroom’s Library Module
- 4. Processing Photos in LR’s Develop Module [This content is currently in development.]
- 5. Lightroo to Photoshop: Combining Photos [This content is currently in development.]
- 6. Lightroom to Photoshop: Selecting and Masking [This content is currently in development.]
- 7. Lightroom to Photoshop: Retouching [This content is currently in development.]
- 8. Lightroom to Photoshop: Special Effects [This content is currently in development.]
- Title: Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop for Photographers
- Release date: June 2014
- Publisher(s): Adobe Press
- ISBN: 9780133816808