Video descriptionThis critically acclaimed training program from Adobe Press combines exceptional quality high-definition video and a printed reference to teach the fundamentals of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC. Including more than 10 hours of video tutorials, the course comes complete with lesson files and review materials. Experienced instructor Mikkel Aaland presents a comprehensive introduction to Lightroom, including best practices as well as fundamental photography and image editing concepts. Beginning with an overview of the Lightroom interface, Mikkel goes on to cover Lighrooms ’s powerful tools including Smart Previews, the new Upright tool and noise reduction enhancements, how to work within the Creative Cloud, and much more.
Download Lesson Fileshttps://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/digital/learn_by_video/9780133476941/lesson_files.zip
Table of contents
- This chapter will provide you with an overview of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, including an overall look at the software, an overview of the new features in version 5, and guidance on configuring Lightroom.
- In this chapter you'll get quick examples of some of the most exciting new features of Lightroom 5 in action.
- This chapter will cover the many facets of importing your images into Lightroom.
In this chapter we'll cover Lightroom fundamentals like preferences, setting up an identity plate or watermark, catalog settings, and more.
- General Preferences 00:02:21
- Presets Preferences 00:04:51
- External Editing Preferences 00:06:44
- File Handling Options 00:05:13
- Interface Preferences 00:07:29
- Setting Up an Identity Plate 00:04:42
- Working with Panels and Lights Out 00:09:23
- Catalog Settings 00:08:27
- Creating a Custom Watermark 00:09:38
This chapter includes lessons that will help you understand and make the most of the Library module in Lightroom, which is focused on managing your digital images.
- The Library Module 00:02:24
- Grid View 00:07:20
- Loupe View 00:07:03
- Compare View 00:04:57
- Survey View 00:02:12
- Working with the Filmstrip 00:03:59
- Video Support 00:11:23
- Quick Collections 00:05:05
- Collections 00:06:09
- Smart Collections 00:05:05
- Rating, Labels, and Flags 00:07:13
- Keywords 00:15:27
- Working with Metadata 00:08:54
- Library Filters 00:06:22
- Stacking Photos 00:03:40
- Dealing with Offline Files 00:05:13
- In this section you'll gain a deeper understanding of catalogs in Lightroom and learn how to manage your catalogs.
- This section will focus on the various ways you can export your images from Lightroom so they can be sent to others or published online.
- This chapter looks at the new Map module in Lightroom 5, which provides another way to organize and search for images.
This chapter will teach you how to optimize your photos in Lightroom. You'll learn about develop presets, the Vibrance and Saturation sliders, vignetting, virtual copies, soft proofing, and much more.
- Develop Presets 00:06:28
- Basic Exposure Controls 00:16:00
- Clarity for Your Photos 00:02:24
- Vibrant and Saturated Colors 00:02:00
- Fine-Tuning with the Tone Curve 00:11:47
- Vignetting Effects 00:04:12
- Creating Virtual Copies 00:03:09
- Applying Changes to Other Photos 00:05:32
- Color Adjustments 00:06:40
- Soft Proofing 00:04:22
- Quick Develop Panel 00:04:17
In this chapter you'll see how to use Lightroom to edit specific areas of an image using the Adjustment Brush and Graduated Filter tools. We'll look at strategies for sharpening and noise reduction and how to use the Crop overlay tool, remove dust and unwanted artifacts with the spot removal tools, and exploit the awesome new Lens Correction controls. And finally you'll see how to simulate a film grain look.
- The Graduated Filter 00:07:21
- Noise Reduction 00:03:45
- Sharpening 00:06:57
- Using the Crop Overlay tool 00:07:09
- Adding Grain Effects in the Effects Panel 00:02:11
- Lens Corrections 00:09:26
- Removing Red-Eye 00:02:42
- Sensor Dust Removal 00:07:15
- Portrait Touch-Up 00:11:40
- The Adjustment Brush 00:09:08
- In this chapter you'll learn the best way to convert a color image into black-and-white. Then you'll see how to add a color tint, create an infrared effect, and use the split toning controls to remove a color tint from an image or add one to an image.
- This section will explore the various options that are available to you for printing your images from Lightroom.
- This section includes lessons that will help you quickly produce excellent web galleries and slideshows of your images.
- By popular demand, Lightroom 5 now offers powerful and easy-to-use book-making capabilities. In this chapter you'll see how to make a book from start to finish.
- Title: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5: Learn By Video
- Release date: July 2015
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 0133476944
You might also like
How to Make Money Using Etsy
In a world where most products are manufactured by machines, Etsy offers an online platform for …
Architecting Modern Data Platforms
There’s a lot of information about big data technologies, but splicing these technologies into an end-to-end …
Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination, 2nd Edition
Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination introduces students and professionals to the world of fraud detection and …