Video DescriptionThis critically-acclaimed interactive training program from Adobe Press offers exceptional quality high-definition video to teach the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro CC. Including more than 10 hours of video tutorials and lesson files, experienced instructor Maxim Jago presents a comprehensive introduction to Premiere Pro, including best practices as well as concepts that are fundamental non-linear video editing. Topics covered include working with imported media, timelines, transitions and special effects, and outputting files to various formats, and how to work within the Creative Cloud. Download Lesson Files https://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/digital/learn_by_video/9780134395869/lesson_files.zip
Table of Contents
In this chapter you'll be introduced to the latest version of Adobe Premiere Pro, a powerful and user-friendly nonlinear editing system. It provides a comprehensive toolset of fast cutting time-saving shortcuts, advanced finishing effects, and audio mixing controls.
- Welcome 00:01:47
- Using the Lesson Files 00:04:54
- What Is Adobe Premiere Pro? 00:04:17
- The Welcome Screen 00:06:58
- Some Standard Terms 00:11:08
- A Simple Edit 00:08:49
- Video Editing Workflows 00:08:59
- An Overview of the Interface 00:09:56
- Workspaces 00:05:44
- The Premiere Pro Preferences 00:08:31
- Keyboard Shortcuts 00:05:30
- Sync Settings 00:03:20
- All of your creative choices are stored in a Premiere Pro project file, which makes it a pretty important file! This chapter walks you through the process of creating a new project and describes the important settings you'll encounter.
- Regardless of the type of project you're working on, you'll need to import media from a variety of sources. This chapter introduces the different ways to bring your media into Premiere Pro.
- Once you have all of your media files imported into a Premiere Pro project, it's important to get organized. This chapter gives you some organizing tips.
The majority of any editing project is spent selecting clips, choosing the parts you want, and adding them to a sequence with other clips. This chapter gives you the core skills you need to get cutting!
- Monitor Controls 00:10:50
- Selecting Part of a Clip 00:05:15
- Introducing the Timeline Panel 00:08:32
- Timeline Track Controls 00:11:05
- Adding Clips to a Sequence 00:10:19
- Track Targetting 00:07:27
- Rearranging Clips in a Sequence 00:09:08
- Lifting and Extracting, Deleting, and Ripple Deleting 00:08:42
- Monitor Overlays 00:07:47
- Premiere Pro provides several ways to display and manage your clips, including special markers you can use to leave yourself messages, or to just highlight a section you want to use later. This chapter guides you through some useful approaches to managing your clips.
- A transition is any change from one clip to another clip, even just a straight cut, but there are many special effect transitions available for use in Premiere Pro. This chapter shows you how to work with them and introduces some of the core concepts relating to special effects work.
Once you understand the basics, it's time to start learning some of the more powerful editing features in Premiere Pro. This chapter will take you to the next level of editing skills.
- Changing Clip Opacity 00:07:58
- Changing Clip Playback Speed 00:09:00
- Ramping Clip Playback Speed 00:06:00
- Replacing Clips on the Timeline 00:04:58
- Nesting a Sequence 00:07:36
- Simple Trimming on the Timeline 00:10:34
- Trim Mode 00:05:06
- Timeline Tools 00:07:22
- Useful Trimming Keyboard Shortcuts 00:08:16
- In addition to playing back and combining clips to produce a sequence, you might also want to animate their location onscreen over time, or scale or rotate them. This chapter introduces the important fixed effects and their presets.
- While it's common to perform a live video mix on location or in a studio, the lessons in this chapter show you how to use Premiere Pro to perform a similar live edit using media files on your hard drive. This feature continues to be enhanced, making it easier to set up your multicamera edit, and faster to make adjustments.
Audio is extremely important to the final result of almost any production. This chapter introduces some core concepts for working with audio and gives an overview of the excellent tools available in Premiere Pro to sweeten the sound of your project.
- The Audio Workspace 00:02:42
- Interpreting Clip Audio 00:08:58
- Audio Track Types 00:12:21
- Normalizing Audio 00:06:22
- Adjusting Volume and Pan on the Timeline 00:04:27
- Adjusting Audio Level in the Effect Controls Panel 00:08:08
- The Audio Clip Mixer 00:07:52
- The Audio Track Mixer 00:12:06
- Recording Voice Over 00:02:41
- Beyond basic adjustments to audio level and clip pan, Premiere Pro has an impressive list of dedicated audio effects to improve sound quality and make creative adjustments to your project. This chapter introduces the simple workflow you need to add effects to your audio.
- Premiere Pro has a powerful special effects system that can show you many effects right away, without waiting for your computer to calculate how they'll look. This chapter introduces you to some of the core techniques you'll use again and again to add a professional finish to your projects.
- One of the special effects editors use all the time is color correction. This chapter introduces some industry-standard terms and techniques you'll be able to use with multiple editing systems.
- In addition to combining clips in time, you'll often want to layer them, creating composite special effects from multiple parts of your clips. This chapter introduces you to tools that make blending, layering, and partially hiding your video clips quick and easy.
- Titles are a staple addition to video and film media. They can add both functional information and an aesthetic finish. This chapter introduces the Premiere Pro Titler.
- It's easy to lose track of your media assets while working on an edit, and before you know it, you've forgotten where you put that one clip you need. This chapter will give you some practical advice on staying in control.
- Once your project is complete, it's time to share it. You might output to a master tape, files for distribution, or to the Internet. This chapter describes the many ways you can show your work.
- There are many new features in this release of Premiere Pro. This short chapter describes some of the most significant new tools and techniques for your creative work.
- Title: Adobe Premiere Pro CC Learn by Video (2015 release)
- Release date: October 2015
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 9780134395876