5. Creating Cuts-only Videos
You will see very few transitions like dissolves or wipes in the video-editing world. Watch any TV news program, and virtually every edit in every story is a cut edit with no transitions. There is an art to creating cuts-only videos, and Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 gives you a full palette of cut edit tools and techniques.
Topics covered in this lesson:
• Using a storyboard to build a rough cut
• Editing clips on the Timeline
• Moving clips to, from, and within the Timeline
• Working with Source Monitor editing tools
• Adjusting clips in the Trim panel
• Using other editing tools
You create a video by first ...