Extend your knowledge of SQL, databases, and BI by mastering complex topics such as materialized views, common table expressions, and advanced data grouping
About This Video
- Delve into Customer Value and Cohort Analysis.
- Understand the time between event analysis and Top N calculations, in the context of applied business situations.
- Analyze data using Excel and or Tableau.
- Solve the challenge and conduct a freeform database analysis.
This example-driven course provides thoughtful and interactive commentary throughout. We understand the common mistakes and misconceptions you might make and help you navigate tricky SQL concepts.
Window Functions are used in detail throughout the course to solve problems dealing with finding the first order or the Nth instance of an event, computing the timing between events, and new and repeat purchase behaviors among customers. You'll run through the workflow from SQL to a localhost connection in Tableau and also analysis, all of which you'll need in your professional life. Concepts such as CASE statements, common table expressions, and subqueries will be explained via case studies. You'll generate web analytics acquisition source data using Python and then create tables to store your information.
By the end of the course, you will have gone through all the examples and coded them out, and you'll be ready to confidently tackle non-trivial problems. Supercharge your data productivity today with this course and get 100x your time investment back in the next year or two!
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Installing Postgres and Our Initial Dataset
- Chapter 2 : SQL in the Real World and Customer Value Analysis
- Chapter 3 : Time between Events and Mastering Window Functions
Chapter 4 : Freeform Analysis of the DVD Rental Database
- First Orders 00:08:18
- Top Five Highest Grossing Actors 00:07:05
- Films by Most Gross Revenue Per Actor 00:13:17
- Does First Rating Rented from Predict Lifetime Value? 00:11:03
- Chapter 5 : Additional Advanced Analysis of the Database
- Title: Advanced Applied SQL for Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Release date: February 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788470803
You might also like
Statistics for Data Science and Business Analysis
Statistics you need in the office: Descriptive and inferential statistics, hypothesis testing, and regression analysis About …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Apache Spark with Python - Big Data with PySpark and Spark
Learn Apache Spark and Python by 12+ hands-on examples of analyzing big data with PySpark and …
Apache Kafka Series - Learn Apache Kafka for Beginners
Tutorial: Learn the Apache Kafka ecosystem, core concepts, operations, Kafka API, and build your own producers …