This video is targeted at developers that are comfortable with Linux, have some experience working with containers and want to advance their understanding of containerization and the ecosystem surrounding it.
The course focuses on the behind the scenes details that one must take into account when designing new applications around containers or when containerizing a legacy application. Knowing basic Docker functionality (how to run containers, how to view running containers, etc.) will be helpful as most of the commands demonstrated will interact with Docker.
- Gain a deeper understanding of containerization and the tools of the ecosystem
- Discover the details involved with running containers and how to design new applications around containers
- Understand how to containerize a legacy application
- Learn about cgroups, container runtimes (Docker, LXC, etc.), volumes, and bind mounts
- Explore Linux namespaces, service discovery, and container orchestration
Table of Contents
- Designing Applications
- Containerizing Existing Applications
- Wrap Up 00:01:42
- Title: Advanced Containerization
- Release date: August 2016
- Publisher(s): Infinite Skills
- ISBN: 9781491959312