Video DescriptionRecorded live at Data Modeling Zone!
Follow along with data modeling and ER/Studio expert Bob Conway and learn advanced data modeling techniques using IDERA’s ER/Studio Data Architect (ERSDA).
IDERA’s ER/Studio Data Architect (ERSDA) is a powerful desktop tool for building and maintaining logical and physical data models. This presentation/demonstration is targeted to current ERSDA users already familiar with features such as reverse engineering existing databases, constructing logical models, forward engineering to physical models, and generating DDL. The presentation will touch on these and other features to illustrate some of the more subtle capabilities that can enhance and extend your model management best practices. Topics covered include:
- Reverse Engineering with Inferred Keys and Inferred Relationships
- Enterprise Data Dictionary for non-Repository/Team Server users
- Business Data Objects (BDOs) for Conceptual/Logical Modeling in same DM1 file
- Using Compare/Merge for global changes such as NULLs and Datatypes
- Macros to automate model maintenance
Table of Contents
- Advanced ER/Studio Techniques 1:05:40
- Title: Advanced ER/Studio Techniques (Recorded live at Data Modeling Zone US)
- Release date: January 2020
- Publisher(s): Technics Publications
- ISBN: None