Implement OTA programming, FreeRTOS and deep sleep in the ESP32
About This Video
- Discover the features of the ESP32 board
- Gain confidence in writing code in C for any embedded boards
- Implement Over The Air Programming to your projects
This course will provide you deeper insights into the features of the ESP32 board, that you didn't even imagine. You will be able to make your products or projects user-friendly by implementing OTA Programming and WiFi Manager. You'll gain an in-depth understanding of RTOS and its applications. Understand FreeRTOS and be able to implement it to optimize your projects or products.
Finally, you will learn to drastically reduce the power consumption of the ESP32 board, by implementing deep sleep and leveraging the ULP Coprocessor of the ESP32 in your products or projects.
Who this book is for
If you are an engineer, a hobbyist or a student, who wants to learn and implement advanced concepts like Over The Air Programming, FreeRTOS and Ultra-Low Power Consumption in your ESP32 Projects or Products, then this course is for you. This is an advanced level course and experience with ESP32, and Arduino IDE is essential to follow this course.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : A Deeper Insight into the ESP32 Features
Chapter 2 : Over the Air Programming in ESP32
- What is OTA Programming?
- How do OTA Updates happen in the ESP32?
- How to implement basic OTA Programming in the ESP32 Thing?
- Implementing OTA Updates through a Web Server in the SparkFun ESP32 Thing
- Implementing Cloud-Based OTA Updates in the SparkFun ESP32 Thing
- Implementing the WiFiManager Library in the SparkFun ESP32 Thing
- Part 1: Implementing WiFiManager and OTA Update in Projects
- Part 2: Implementing WiFiManager and OTA Update in Projects
Chapter 3 : FreeRTOS on the ESP32
- What is a Real Time Operating System?
- FreeRTOS Implementation in the ESP32
- What are Tasks, Queues and Semaphores?
- Implementing Dual-Core Multitasking and Synchronization in the ESP32 Thing
- Inter-Task Communication in the SparkFun ESP32 Thing with FreeRTOS
- Performance Benchmarking with FreeRTOS implementation in the ESP32 Thing
Chapter 4 : Deep Sleep in the ESP32
- What are the Sleep Modes in the SparkFun ESP32 Thing?
- Implementing Deep Sleep in the SparkFun ESP32 Thing
- Implementing External Wake-up Sources for Deep Sleep in the SparkFun ESP32 Thing
- Implementing an OLED NTP Clock with Deep Sleep using SparkFun ESP32 Thing
- Working with the ULP Coprocessor in the Arduino IDE
- Implementing ULP Coprocessor Wake-up from Deep Sleep in the ESP32
- Understanding the ULP Coprocessor Assembly Code in the ESP32
- Deep Sleep Power Consumption in the SparkFun ESP32 Thing
- Title: Advanced ESP32
- Release date: February 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781800202016
You might also like
Exploring Arduino, 2nd Edition
The bestselling beginner Arduino guide, updated with new projects! Exploring Arduino makes electrical engineering and embedded …
Embedded Systems Architecture
A comprehensive guide to reaping the benefits of architectural modeling in embedded design About This Book …
Hands-On Industrial Internet of Things
Build a strong and efficient IoT infrastructure at industrial and enterprise level by mastering Industrial IoT …
Embedded Programming with Modern C++ Cookbook
Explore various constraints and challenges that embedded developers encounter in their daily tasks and learn how …