This course will provide you deeper insights into the features of the ESP32 board, that you didn't even imagine. You will be able to make your products or projects user-friendly by implementing OTA Programming and WiFi Manager. You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of RTOS and its applications. Understand FreeRTOS and be able to implement it to optimize your projects or products.
Finally, you will learn to drastically reduce the power consumption of the ESP32 board, by implementing deep sleep and leveraging the ULP Coprocessor of the ESP32 in your products or projects.
What You Will Learn
- Integrate WiFi Manager to your projects to make WiFi Configuration much easier
- Understand FreeRTOS in-depth and be able to implement it to optimize your projects
- Reduce the power consumption of the ESP32 by using deep sleep
- Learn basic ULP coprocessor programming for deep sleep
If you are an engineer, a hobbyist or a student, who wants to learn and implement advanced concepts like Over The Air Programming, FreeRTOS and Ultra-Low Power Consumption in your ESP32 Projects or Products, then this course is for you. This is an advanced level course and experience with ESP32, and Arduino IDE is essential to follow this course.
About The Authors
Venkatesh Varadachari: Venkatesh Varadachari is the founder of MAKERDEMY, a pioneer maker education company head-quartered in Singapore. Venkatesh believes that knowledge should be made available to people in all walks of life. Venkatesh also believes in the power of education to transform lives. Venkatesh has an MBA from the prestigious Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. He also has a degree in Electrical Engineering from Madras University and a Masters in Financial Engineering from National University of Singapore.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : A Deeper Insight into the ESP32 Features
Chapter 2 : Over the Air Programming in ESP32
- What is OTA Programming?
- How do OTA Updates happen in the ESP32?
- How to implement basic OTA Programming in the ESP32 Thing?
- Implementing OTA Updates through a Web Server in the SparkFun ESP32 Thing
- Implementing Cloud-Based OTA Updates in the SparkFun ESP32 Thing
- Implementing the WiFiManager Library in the SparkFun ESP32 Thing
- Part 1: Implementing WiFiManager and OTA Update in Projects
- Part 2: Implementing WiFiManager and OTA Update in Projects
Chapter 3 : FreeRTOS on the ESP32
- What is a Real Time Operating System?
- FreeRTOS Implementation in the ESP32
- What are Tasks, Queues and Semaphores?
- Implementing Dual-Core Multitasking and Synchronization in the ESP32 Thing
- Inter-Task Communication in the SparkFun ESP32 Thing with FreeRTOS
- Performance Benchmarking with FreeRTOS implementation in the ESP32 Thing
Chapter 4 : Deep Sleep in the ESP32
- What are the Sleep Modes in the SparkFun ESP32 Thing?
- Implementing Deep Sleep in the SparkFun ESP32 Thing
- Implementing External Wake-up Sources for Deep Sleep in the SparkFun ESP32 Thing
- Implementing an OLED NTP Clock with Deep Sleep using SparkFun ESP32 Thing
- Working with the ULP Coprocessor in the Arduino IDE
- Implementing ULP Coprocessor Wake-up from Deep Sleep in the ESP32
- Understanding the ULP Coprocessor Assembly Code in the ESP32
- Deep Sleep Power Consumption in the SparkFun ESP32 Thing
- Title: Advanced ESP32
- Release date: February 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781800202016
You might also like
Learning Modern Linux
If you use Linux in development or operations and need a structured approach to help you …
Go is rapidly becoming the preferred language for building web services. While there are plenty of …
Sneak Peek The Sneak Peek program provides early access to Pearson video products and is exclusively …
Learning Go, 2nd Edition
Go has rapidly become the preferred language for building web services. Plenty of tutorials are available …