Advanced Fashion Drawing is a practical book showing not only how to draw the figure but also how to illustrate it in today's fashion and lifestyle market.
Designed specifically for those interested in illustrating fashion and lifestyle commercially, Bil Donovan demonstrates how to create an illustration with a sense of fashion, rather than one that concentrates solely on the fashion figure.
A series of demonstrations and exercises help the advanced illustration student hone their skills and increase their level of draughtsmanship, while establishing their own personal style.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- Chapter One: Line
- Chapter Two: Elongating the Figure using Verticals, Horizontals, and Diagonals
- Chapter Three: Beginning a Vocabulary of Shapes
- Chapter Four: Line Quality
- Chapter Five: Composing the Figure within an Environment
- Chapter Six: Media
- Chapter Seven: The Computer and Illustration
- Chapter Eight: Fabric, Prints, and Texture
- Chapter Nine: Finding Your Voice
- Chapter Ten: Breaking the Rules
- Picture Credits
- Further Reading
- Title: Advanced Fashion Drawing, Lifestyle Illustration
- Release date: September 2010
- Publisher(s): Laurence King
- ISBN: 9781856696487