Amaze yourself by the skills you gain in a week with Golang advanced programming concepts
About This Video
- Unique approach that will help you gain a solid foundation in advanced concepts with hands-on practice each day
- Make your applications more robust and resilient by mastering Golang
- Covers some essential and complex concepts in a practical way to help you take your app development to the next level
Go is a modern, open source, statically typed language that resembles C. It is particularly useful in developing cloud-native applications as it’s convenient, occupies a low footprint, and deploys fast.
Go greatly simplifies the development of modern applications. With its vast ecosystem of tools and libraries, it's easy to create an efficient software pipeline that satisfies business requirements.
This course will elevate your knowledge of Go by teaching you the advanced concepts of the language. You'll also understand how you can utilize them in practice. It starts by introducing familiar features of the language before delving into more details.
You’ll master the art of programming with Go, which includes understanding the Go language, writing idiomatic yet readable code, building web applications, microservices, command-line applications, and more.
By the end of the course, you'll be ready to engineer efficient Go solutions that can move mountains.
The code bundle for this video course is available athttps://github.com/PacktPublishing/Advanced-Go-Programming-in-7-Days/
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Challenging the Aspects of Go
Chapter 2 : Advanced Language Concepts
- Exercise Review 00:01:49
- Go Type System 00:04:30
- All about Strings and Runes 00:02:53
- Function Declarations and Calls 00:01:58
- Pointers and Structs 00:04:39
- Interfaces and Type Modeling 00:03:58
- Container Types 00:01:40
- Channels 00:02:35
- Reflection 00:02:51
- Goroutines 00:02:13
- Daily Task –Implement a Markdown Parser 00:02:28
- Chapter 3 : Mastering the Art of Writing Libraries
- Chapter 4 : Mastering the Art of Writing Command Line Applications
- Chapter 5 : Mastering the Art of Writing Server-Level Code
- Chapter 6 : Developing Microservices – I
- Chapter 7 : Developing Microservices – II
- Title: Advanced Go Programming in 7 Days
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788994880