Understand malware behavior and evade it using IDA Pro, OllyDbg, and WINDBG
About This Video
- Master advanced malware analysis topics
- Hands-on experience with popular analysis tools
- Covers advanced topics on malware behavior and evasion
In this video course, we cover advanced malware analysis topics. Towards this goal, we first understand the behavior of different classes of malware. Such knowledge helps us to easily categorize malware based on its characteristic. We see how sophisticated malware can use techniques to either evade detection or increase its damage and access to the system.
Then we learn advanced techniques in static and dynamic malware analysis and cover the details and powerful features of OllyDbg, IDA Pro, and WINDBG. We also explore defense mechanisms against malware, create a signature for malware, and set up an intrusion detection system (IDS) to prevent attacks.
Finally, we cover the concept of packers and unpackers, and explore how to unpack packed malware to analyze it.
This video course provides security professionals, incident responders, and individuals with the information they need to perform a deep malware analysis. They will also learn how to detect, and defend against, malware.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Exploring Malware Functionalities
- Chapter 2 : Malware Advanced Techniques
- Chapter 3 : Advanced Dynamic Malware Analysis
- Chapter 4 : Advanced Static Malware Analysis
- Chapter 5 : How to Detect and Defend against Malware in a Network
- Chapter 6 : How to Deal with Evasive Malware
- Title: Advanced Malware Analysis
- Release date: September 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788627146
You might also like
Cybersecurity Blue Team Toolkit
A practical handbook to cybersecurity for both tech and non-tech professionals As reports of major data …
Mastering Malware Analysis
Master malware analysis to protect your systems from getting infected Key Features Set up and model …
The Complete Cybersecurity Bootcamp (Video Collection): Threat Defense, Ethical Hacking, and Incident Handling
More than 25 Hours of Expert Video Instruction This course is a complete guide to help …
Hacking Web Applications The Art of Hacking Series LiveLessons: Security Penetration Testing for Today's DevOps and Cloud Environments
5+ Hours of Video Instruction More than 5 hours of video instruction to help you perform …