Understand malware behavior and evade it using IDA Pro, OllyDbg, and WINDBG
About This Video
- Master advanced malware analysis topics
- Hands-on experience with popular analysis tools
- Covers advanced topics on malware behavior and evasion
In this video course, we cover advanced malware analysis topics. Towards this goal, we first understand the behavior of different classes of malware. Such knowledge helps us to easily categorize malware based on its characteristic. We see how sophisticated malware can use techniques to either evade detection or increase its damage and access to the system.
Then we learn advanced techniques in static and dynamic malware analysis and cover the details and powerful features of OllyDbg, IDA Pro, and WINDBG. We also explore defense mechanisms against malware, create a signature for malware, and set up an intrusion detection system (IDS) to prevent attacks.
Finally, we cover the concept of packers and unpackers, and explore how to unpack packed malware to analyze it.
The code bundle for this video course is available at- https://github.com/PacktPublishing/-Advanced-Malware-Analysis
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Exploring Malware Functionalities
- Chapter 2 : Malware Advanced Techniques
- Chapter 3 : Advanced Dynamic Malware Analysis
- Chapter 4 : Advanced Static Malware Analysis
- Chapter 5 : How to Detect and Defend against Malware in a Network
- Chapter 6 : How to Deal with Evasive Malware
- Title: Advanced Malware Analysis
- Release date: September 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788627146