Create advanced and professional Spring Apps
About This Video
- Spring WebMVC customizations
- Distributed spring security sessions
- Advanced Spring WebMVC testing
- Business related metrics and monitoring
In this course, you are going to learn more about WebMVCs configuration, Jackson Views, and other advanced features. In the course, Spring Boot ? Getting Started, you have learned the basic knowledge to create an application with spring boot. This course will build on that and extend it even further. We are also going to dive deeper into Spring security and store users in the database, use distributed sessions, and our own user classes. You'll learn how to test Spring WebMVC applications and how to include your Spring security configuration in your tests.
We are also having a look at Spring Data which we have only covered briefly in the database section before. AOP allows you to effectively tackle the famous cross-cutting concerns, so we are having a look at Spring support for AOP. As last section we are adopting Spring boot Actuator to our needs by adding our own metrics and health checks and revisit the Actuator configuration.
After completing this course you will be able to use the advanced Spring Boot features to deliver more complex, feature rich, and operations-friendly applications.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Customizing Spring Web MVC
- Chapter 2 : Enhanced Security
- Chapter 3 : A Deeper Dive into Testing
- Chapter 4 : Spring Data
- Chapter 5 : Spring AOP
- Chapter 6 : Spring Boot Actuator in Depth
- Title: Advanced Spring Boot
- Release date: November 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788392297