Your one-stop guide to mastering the Django framework!
About This Video
- Learn basic security features using Django
- How to build a powerful REST front-end
- Take a closer look at how Django runs tests
- Excel your knowledge to built powerful websites using Django
Django is one of the world's leading web development platforms and follows the model-view-template development method. This Python web framework makes your app-building experience smoother, faster, and easier. This has been (and continues to be) the key feature behind the success of many start-ups across the world.
You'll learn the skills needed to develop powerful websites quickly, with code that is clean and easy to maintain. This course will focus on how to keep your projects secure, how to integrate third-party libraries to build out quick, but powerful APIs, and how to make your projects easier to work with. We start off by learning how class-based views work so that you can fully benefit from this powerful, but often poorly understood feature. You'll then create custom middleware to help you better organize frequently used code.
Have you ever wanted to build a complete REST API? We'll do just that, starting out with a basic read-only API and then adding key-based authentication to allow the full range of CRUD functionality. We'll also utilize model managers and the Q method so that we can make it easier to get the data we need to use our views and clients. For the finishing touches, we'll delve into the details of caching, to improve our application performance, and then add custom management commands to help us automate routine tasks. We will also show you how to secure your web App using various Django tools. By the end of this video course, you will emerge as a fully-fledged Django expert
This course uses Django 2, while not the latest version available, it provides relevant and informative content for legacy users of Django.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Advanced Class Based Views
- Chapter 2 : Building a REST API
- Chapter 3 : Graphql an Alternative API
- Chapter 4 : Optimizing Your Environment
- Chapter 5 : Tests, Tests, Tests
- Chapter 6 : Securing Django
- Title: Advanced Web Development with Django
- Release date: March 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788628587