- Define hospital-based clusters and distinguish between urban boundary and regional boundary definitions of clusters.
- Understand the history of the emergence of hospital-based clusters during the twentieth and early twenty-first centuries, including their empirical growth during the past two decades.
- Evaluate clusters' adoption of differentiated and integrated organizational forms.
- Examine clusters' exhibited patterns of vertical differentiation and other horizontal and vertical interorganizational arrangements
- Apply a multitheoretical perspective to explain the variation in differentiation ...