The Agile Discovery Series is a three-part lecture designed to onboard technology and non-technology professionals into the world of Agile and Scrum. It discusses the fundamental concepts for Agile adoption in the software development industry. After completing the series, you can be sure to be more equipped with the necessary knowledge to apply Agile and Scrum principles into your work. This is Part 1 of 3.
Introduction to Agile Software Development
Being the first part of the series, the Introduction to Agile Software Development aims to prepare you before diving into the Scrum methodology. As Agile is a way of thinking, you need to have the right mindset first before crafting your software development process. This lecture does that by immersing you on the Agile Manifesto, values, and principles. You will also get to learn how organizations have evolved from predictive to more adaptive methodologies through the years and how they have benefited from the shift.
Topics covered include:
- From predictive to adaptive. The first section of the lecture will deal with the transition from predictive to adaptive methodologies. You will get to know the pain points in the traditional processes and why there’s a clamor for change in the software development process. Knowing these gives you a better understanding of the need for iterative and incremental development for the changing market.
- About Agile. The second section of the lecture welcomes you with the definition of Agile. You will also now get to know the Agile Manifesto, values and principles. For better and easier understanding, the 12 Agile principles have been categorized into four main focus areas which will make it more apparent what you need to strive for with your development approach. You will also get to know how leadership affects the success of Agile adoption in the organization.
- Benefits of Agile. The third section of the lecture focuses on the benefits of using Agile approaches to software development. You will learn how motivation, inspection, adaptation, and a process focused on value and delivery play a big role in the success of your development projects. Ultimately, you will get to know what’s in store for your organizations once you go Agile.
Table of Contents
- Title: Agile Discovery Series Part 1 of 3: Introduction to Agile Software Development
- Release date: September 2017
- Publisher(s): Technics Publications
- ISBN: 9781634622745