The Agile Discovery Series is a three-part lecture designed to onboard technology and non-technology professionals into the world of Agile and Scrum. It discusses the fundamental concepts for Agile adoption in the software development industry. After completing the series, you can be sure to be more equipped with the necessary knowledge to apply Agile and Scrum principles into your work. This is Part 2 of 3.
Agile Software Development with Scrum
With a good foundation of the Agile way of thinking, you are now ready to dive into the most popular Agile methodology today. Scrum is a lightweight framework that could turn your complex projects into winning projects, if implemented correctly. This lecture not only gives you the basics of Scrum but also provides a number of techniques for you to succeed in your Scrum practice.
Topics covered include:
- About Scrum. The first section of the lecture discusses the concept of Scrum – what inspired it and why it is needed to succeed in business today. It also discusses the connection of Scrum with Agile and how you need to understand Agile first before diving into Scrum. It then transitions you into the details of the framework which are the Scrum roles, events, and artifacts.
- Scrum Roles. The second section of the lecture presents the main Scrum roles. You will now get to look into the world of a Product Owner, Scrum Master, and the Development Team. You also get to know recommendations to some of the most common questions raised for these roles that can improve your understanding of the responsibilities of each Scrum team member.
- Scrum Activities. The third section of the lecture focuses on the Scrum ceremonies or events. Get to know how teams plan, inspect, and adapt throughout their project with the injection of these Scrum events. You will get to know important terms encountered in Scrum and how they are used. Techniques and tips are also provided to enhance the way you conduct these ceremonies.
- Scrum artifacts. The last section of the lecture tackles the Scrum artifacts and information radiators. Get an idea of the effective tools and data you can use for your Scrum practice that will help you track your progress towards your project goals. Some examples for these artifacts are also provided for better appreciation and understanding. This section also wraps up the lecture, with a comprehensive summary of Scrum in action.
Table of Contents
- Title: Agile Discovery Series Part 2 of 3: Agile Software Development with Scrum
- Release date: September 2017
- Publisher(s): Technics Publications
- ISBN: 9781634622752