The Agile Discovery Series is a three-part lecture designed to onboard technology and non-technology professionals into the world of Agile and Scrum. It discusses the fundamental concepts for Agile adoption in the software development industry. After completing the series, you can be sure to be more equipped with the necessary knowledge to apply Agile and Scrum principles into your work. This is Part 3 of 3.
Agile and Scrum for Stakeholders
For projects to be truly successful, it is important that the people that technology teams interact with have a good understanding of Agile and Scrum. The Agile way of software development emphasizes the need for strong collaboration between the business and development teams. With a good foundation on the concepts, values and principles of Agile and Scrum, stakeholders will be able to understand the vital role they play and be able to contribute more to projects.
Topics covered include:
- About the stakeholders. The first part of the lecture defines the stakeholders in software development projects. The main highlights in this segment are the pain points in traditional software development experienced by the business. This gives context to why there is a need for a new and more innovative approach to developing products and prepares the thinking of the audience on the change in mindset that lies ahead.
- About Agile and Scrum. The second part defines Agile and Scrum in ways that are more relevant and relatable to business stakeholders. In order for them to understand what’s different in this approach, we present how Agile combats the most common problems experienced in Waterfall approaches. We also discuss a comprehensive version of the Agile values.
- Stakeholders and Scrum. The third part opens with the discussion of Scrum and the roles – with an emphasis on the stakeholder role. The segment also tackles how the stakeholder interacts with the Scrum team on a high-level perspective. Specific stakeholder responsibilities are also discussed.
- Fulfilling the roles. The fourth part aims to educate how stakeholders can fulfill the roles specified in the previous segment and the changes they can expect by being more involved in development projects. We outline specific Scrum events and avenues where they can exercise their obligations. Tips on how to maximize stakeholder feedback and participation are also given.
- Stakeholder partnerships. The fifth part covers techniques for effective stakeholder partnerships. These are great pointers for technology professionals, Scrum Teams, most especially Product Owners, who will be reaching out to stakeholders for their involvement. Agile and Scrum adoption success stories are also discussed; with a focus on how stakeholder involvement contributes to success in projects.
Table of Contents
- Title: Agile Discovery Series Part 3 of 3: Agile and Scrum for Stakeholders
- Release date: September 2017
- Publisher(s): Technics Publications
- ISBN: 9781634622769