Many organizations embark upon “Agile transformations” and other large-scale initiatives to implement Agile and Lean. Unfortunately, many of these initiatives fail and each failure reinforces the idea that true change is perpetually out of reach. This video addresses the common reasons why organizations fail to change. It evaluates top-down approaches to change (i.e., scaled agile frameworks) and bottom-up approaches to change through small experiments, helping you understand the implications of each approach.
- Master the techniques that ensure the success of Agile and Lean transformation initiatives
- Learn to identify and vanquish the “zombie beliefs” that stop organizations from transforming
- Explore ways to extend the core values of Agile beyond product and software development teams
- Learn to set a clear vision for change that helps people see how the change affects their work
Matt Lemay is cofounder of Constellate Data, a business intelligence research, consulting, and training company based in NYC. In his work as a technology communicator, Matt has developed and led product management and data strategy workshops for companies like GE, American Express, Pfizer, McCann, and Johnson & Johnson. Previously, Matt worked as the Senior Product Manager for the music startup Songza (acquired by Google) and as the Head of Consumer Product at Bitly. He is the author of the O'Reilly title Product Management in Practice: A Real-World Guide to the Key Connective Role of the 21st Century.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: You Are Here 00:02:45
- Why Organizations Don't Change 00:03:26
- Naming the Zombies: Understanding Legacy Thinking in Your Organization 00:07:21
- Start with Vision: Getting People on Board 00:05:22
- The Top-Down Approach: Scaled Agile Frameworks 00:08:09
- The Bottom-Up Approach: Grassroots Experiments 00:07:51
- Learning Exercise: Imagining Grassroots Experiments 00:05:24
- Case Study: Agile Adoption Across Teams 00:04:25
- Extending Agile Beyond Product Teams 00:06:26
- Case Study: Agile Marketing 00:04:21
- Managing Skeptics and Zealots 00:08:07
- Conclusion: Are We There Yet? 00:03:30
- Title: Agile For Everybody—Moving On from Legacy Thinking
- Release date: August 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491989487